The latest works and learning of Vernon, an inclusive digital user experience designer.
- Coloured form controls in data tables with sticky headersI prototyped form controls in data tables. Each body row contains input and select controls labelled by text in a sticky column header.
- Creating form navigation for a web prototypeCreate navigation within and between steps of a prototype registration form. Use semantic HTML instead of classes for CSS. Patterns for back links and branching.
- Wireframing a form wizardI sharpened my wireframing skills, uncovered form and flow improvements, and created thoroughly commented artifacts that aided my handover conversation.
- A small win to fix your LibCal interfaceIt’s a small win to fix the interface in your library room booking software. Add stripes to help sighted users distinguish their booking.
- Upgrading form validation messagesOur registration form wizard used a mix of inaccessible default browser error messages and ambiguous custom form validation messages in red text.
- When and where to set spellcheck =”false”A form will spellcheck your name, email and postal address, giving false positives. I’ll share how I tweak this for a less jarring form-filling experience.